Our Vehicles

 

The car dates to the French factory of Lacoste et Battman in Paris. They preferred not to sell cars under their own name. Instead, they delivered cars with specifications to "other factories" (French and English) who named them. Lacoste et Battman cars can be 1903 Napoleon, 1903 Regal, 1903 Gamage, 1904 Speedwell, 1905 Cupelle, 1905-06 Jackson, 1907 Lacoba and 1910 Simplicia. In 1897, their car was almost a 4-wheel bike. In 1903, the smallest model was a tiny two seater with a 4 cylinder engine. The factory even produced an electric car, continuing production until closure in 1913.

This Lacoste & Battman Cupelle is a factory original, extensively and painstakingly restored in the 1950's.

 

From DC Comics came crime fighters Batman and his sidekick Robin to protect the good citizens of Gotham City ably assisted by his butler Alfred and Commissioner Gordon. In 1965, ABC Television took the dynamic duo from the comic pages to the black and white small screen. Major Hollywood feature films followed; one suspects there will be more offerings on screen and in print.

This car was produced for the 1960 tv series. Excitingly, it was driven into it's 'Cayman Bat Cave' using V8 power without the afterbuner alight. Scoundrels - The Joker, The Riddler, The Penguin , Two Face, nor Posion Ivy have signed our guest book, as yet. Our Bat Beam is ready!

 

The Silver Wraith was the first post-war Rolls-Royce model and was made at the Crewe factory from 1946 to 1959. The Silver Wraith was modernized throughout its production, with an automatic transmission option in 1952, and power steering in 1956. This was the last Rolls-Royce model to be delivered in "chassis only" form, in order to receive a wide variety of bespoke coachwork designed and made by a rapidly declining number of specialist coachbuilders.

 

Morgan introduced the +4 in 1950, replacing the original four-wheeler 4/4 with a new car bearing a 2088cc vanguard engine producing 68BHP and boosting performance. To accomodate this, the frame was strenghtened, the front suspension improved, and Girling hydraulic brakes were fitted. Acceleration from 0 - 60mph was 17.9 seconds with a top speed of over 85mph. This particular +4, the rare four seat variation, was the last car owned by company founder H.F.S Morgan. Originally built with a flat radiator, it was one of the first Morgans to receive the now traditional rounded design. Shown at the 1954 London Motor Show, its first private owner was Paul Woudenberg, "The voice of Pebble Beach".

 

Generally acknowledged as the oldest and largest manufacturer of upscale limited production automobiles in America, Excalibur Automobile Corporation of Milwauke is in its fourth decade. Today, 3,400 plus handcrafted Phaeton, Touring, Roadster, Limited Edition, Grand Limousine and Excalibur '66 Cobra units have been shipped. Excalibur founder Brook Stevens launched with a napkin sketch idea of a 1927 Mercedes Benz with Studebaker Avanti compenents on a Daytone chassis. Back then Studebaker improted MB to the USA. It was greeted positively and Excalibur Auto premiered the "Mercebaker" at the 1964 New York Auto Show eight weeks later. Thats fast!

 

The 206 Dino was built by Enzo Ferrari as a tribute to his son who passed away in 1956 at the age of 24 due to kidney disease. Alfredo Ferrari, more commonly known as Dino, was Enzo Ferrari's only son (Alfredo was also Enzo's brother and fathers' name). Alfredo had been trained in Switzerland as an engineer, after, he returned to the family business and received tutoring from his father. It was Enzo's dream to one day hand over the keys to the company to his son, sadly, that never happened.

The 206S first debuted in 1965 at the paris Salon. The Dino Berlinetta GT prototype was debuted later in 1966 at the Turin show and again in 1967 at the same show but this time as a production model. The Dino Berlinetta was Ferrari's first transverse mounted mid-engine vehicle. The design was done by Pininfarina and built by Scaglietti at the Maranello facility. The body was alloy and the frame was steel. The Dino 206 did not receive any Ferrari marque, it was void of the signature horse logo making it never officially a Ferrari. The 246 GT was the answer to the call for more power.

 

 

Predecessor of the Nazi War Wagon, this particular model spent much of World War II hidden in a barn in the Czech Republic. The type served a military role for the duration of the war. In time, found and recognized, the vehicle underwent a meticulous restoration.

W153's were built until 1943, but only 87 of these emerged from the plant in 1942 and 1943, due to the changed government priorities accompanying the wartime economy. More than half of the 4,264 cars produced dated from 1939.The W153 body shell returned in 1949, however, little changed but fitted with a smaller engine, as the Mercedes-Benz 170S.

There is probably not an automobile at Mercedes Benz that is less known that the Type 230/W153. The superior standard of workmanship, reliability and handling define the designers' interests in technical refinement and artistic quality.

 

The naming of the Ford Thunderbird was a difficult process, since over 5000 entries were entertained. A $250.00 prize was offered to anyone who could come up with a name. The name 'Thunderbird' was submitted by Alden Gibberson, the stylist. The name became official on February 15, 1954. Gibberson never claimed his prize, though he did settle for a new suit and an extra pair of trousers from Saks Fifth Avenue.

At the Detroit auto show held on February 20th of 1954, the Thunderbird was shown to the public. The first production vehicle came off the line on September 9th of that year. Delivery of the vehicles began on the 22nd of October with over 4000 orders taken on the first day of sale. The fibreglass removable top was standard. Offered as optional equipment was the fabric convertible top. Under the hood was a 292 cubic inch Y-Block V8 that produced just under 200 horsepower. This was the only engine available when the Thunderbird was first introduced.

 

By the end of the 1950's, the MGA was starting to feel its age and a replacement car was needed. The replacement was expected to focus on performance and comfort. The MGB introduced improvements over the prior MG model that included roll-up windows and glove compartments to name a few. The MGB was one of the first cars to feature controlled crumple zones designed to protect the driver and passenger in a 30 mph (48 km/h) impact

In 1957, Frua, an Italian stylist, was commissioned to style a new car. What orginally was conceived as a closed car, evolved into a roadster. The MGB was in production from 1962 through 1980. Originally thought to be in production only five years, turned into eighteen years. During that time nearly 389,000 roadsters and more than 125,250 GT's were produced.