1970 Ferrari Dino 246 GT

 

The 206 Dino was built by Enzo Ferrari as a tribute to his son who passed away in 1956 at the age of 24 due to kidney disease. Alfredo Ferrari, more commonly known as Dino, was Enzo Ferrari's only son (Alfredo was also Enzo's brother and fathers' name). Alfredo had been trained in Switzerland as an engineer, after, he returned to the family business and received tutoring from his father. It was Enzo's dream to one day hand over the keys to the company to his son, sadly, that never happened.

The 206S first debuted in 1965 at the paris Salon. The Dino Berlinetta GT prototype was debuted later in 1966 at the Turin show and again in 1967 at the same show but this time as a production model. The Dino Berlinetta was Ferrari's first transverse mounted mid-engine vehicle. The design was done by Pininfarina and built by Scaglietti at the Maranello facility. The body was alloy and the frame was steel. The Dino 206 did not receive any Ferrari marque, it was void of the signature horse logo making it never officially a Ferrari. The 246 GT was the answer to the call for more power.